Dean Tilden has been in the baking industry for 26 years, starting in a little country bakery in Tenambit, Hunter Valley NSW. From those small humble beginnings he has competed in many localised competitions. However, never reaching a higher competition level, he has dedicated his bakery time to gain knowledge, skills and expertise from many local employersand major companies.
Dean has been a teacher at Hunter TAFE since 2001. During his teaching career it has been his goal to continue to educate himself to gain as much knowledge and expertise as he possibly can. Dean has been dedicated to organising, training competitors and judging state and national competitions including Worldskills and Bakeskills. Dean has decided it is time to invest in his passion of education and competition into himself and compete for the Australian Baking Team in this year’s LOUIS LESAFFRE CUP in Jakarta.
2014 National Writer and Judge of Worldskills Australia (Bread)
• 2014 Judge ‘The Official Great Aussie Pie and Pastie Competition’
• 2013 Regional Writer and Judge of Worldskills Australia
• 2011 Manager and trainer of NSW Bakeskills winning Team at National Championship
• 2010 to present Judge Baking Association of Australia’s (BAA) Baking and Excellence Awards
• 2008 Manager and Trainer of NSW Bakeskills 2nd place Team at National championship
• 2008 Silver Medal Great Aussie Meat Pie Competition
• 2007 Manager and Trainer of Hunter TAFE Bakeskills winning Team at State Championship
• 2007 Manager and Trainer of NSW Bakeskills winning Team at National Championship.
• 2006 Manager and Trainer of Hunter TAFE Bakeskills winning Bread competitor at NSW State Championship.
• 2005 Manager and Trainer of Hunter Bakeskills winning Bread Competitor at NSW State Championship.
• 2004 Coordinator NSW State Titles for Bakeskills
• 2003 Coordinator NSW State Titles for Bakeskills
• 1992 to present Numerous Gold, Silver & Bronze at Baking Association of Australia’s (BAA) Baking Awards.