Brett is the managing director of Uncle Bobs Bakery and Creative Crusts Baking Company. He is co-founder of the Not for Profit organization Southern Cross Baking Group in Brisbane, Australia.
Most recently Brett placed 3rd in the Bakery Masters in Paris in March 2014, and he is the first Australian Baker to ever be invited to judge at the worlds most prestigious baking competition, the 2012 Coupe du Monde del la Boulangerie.
Due to his extensive international competition experience and training, Brett is internationally recognised and respected, as both baker and business owner. He is called upon regularly to give technical advice, and for bakery product design and development.
His greatest passion though is to see knowledge shared, and to empower others in baking to be able to achieve
• 2014 - 3rd Place Master del la Boulangerie Paris, France
• 2014 - Rotary International “Pride In Workmanship” Award
• 2014 - Final 8, Masters del la Boulangerie Paris, France
• 2013 - Jury Member Mondial du Pain, St Etienne, France
• 2012 - Life Time Achievement Award National Baking Industry Association.
• 2012 - Jury Member Coupe Du Monde del la Boulangerie,
• 2012 - Coach Australian Baking Team Iba Cup
• 2011 - Australian Team Captain and 3rd place Louis Lesaffre Cup China, Asia Pacific Qualification Round
• 2011 - Advisor to Team USA, Sigep Bread Cup Italy,
• 2011 - Jury Member African Mediterranean Round Louis Lesaffre Cup, Casablanca, Morocco.
• 2010 - 3rd place Overall and 1st place Final Display Sigep Bread Cup Italy
• 2010 - Co Founder, Southern Cross Baking Group
• 2010 - Australian Team Captain & Jury Member Sigep Bread Cup Italy
• 2009 - 2nd place overall, Sigep Bread Cup, Italy
• 2009 - Australian Team Captain/Jury Member Sigep Bread Cup Italy
• 2008 - Australian Team Member Artwork in Dough and Best Final Display Sigep Bread Cup Italy
• 2007 - Winner of the Australian Artisan Baking Cup - Melbourne
• 1995 - 2001 - 7 x Australian Wheat Board “King of the Bakers” Championship winner.