Ben Haslett’s baking career spans 14 years, during which he has followed his passion and developed his craft to become the highly respected instructor he is today. Ben iscurrently teaching Advanced Patisserie at Southbank College of Tourism and Hospitality in Queensland, Australia.
He has been working in the baking industry since 2001 and has succeeded in both the baking and patisserie fields. With most of his experience gained in 5 Star hotels in Australia, the United Kingdom and Malaysia, Ben’s broad knowledge and expertise has seen him sought after by some of Australia’s most successful restaurants and hotel groups.
His most recent achievements have come through national and state competitions.
• 2014 Winner - Innovative Cake Baking Industry Association of Queensland
• 2014 Winner - Innovative Tart Baking Industry Association of Queensland
• 2014 Silver Medal - Chocolate Showpiece Callebaut / Cacao Barry Australian Chocolate Competition
• 2013 Bronze Medal - Entremet Callebaut / Cacao Barry Australian Chocolate Competition
• 2013 Competitor - Chocolate Showpiece Callebaut Australian Chocolate Grand Prix
• 2008 Pastry Chef - Charity Dinner Courier Mail Young Chefs Charity Dinner
• 2006 Certificate of Merit Southbank College of Tourism and Hospitality